Monday, August 17, 2015

Your First Day

Wow. I can't believe this day has arrived! It seems yesterday you came into my world and now you are entering a whole new phase of your own, pre-K.

What a handsome young boy you have become. At three you own my world with your smile. You hold my heart in your hand. What will I do the days you are away? No snacks, no wrestling on the floor, no walks or story talks.

It saddens me that you are growing so quickly, yet I can't hide how proud I am of your accomplishments thus far. I look forward to the future man you will become, but hold on to these days that you are young.

What will I do today while you are away? Ponder the many memories we've made together already, and realize how blessed I am to share this life with you. I will wait patiently, and pray until it's time for your return. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment