Wednesday, August 19, 2015

He looks like he belongs

This morning as I was walking him to his classroom, he acted so grown up. When we reached the door, he ran to put his stuff in his cubby, then to the bin and started playing with the other children. He is making new friends.

It's time for this mommy to accept the fact that he is growing up. Even though he is still only 3, at times, it seems he is already 13. He wants his independence many days, yet he needs his mommy too. I guess I can go along with that.

Hopefully when he does reach the teenage years,  things will still be this way. Hopefully, he will always want me in his life.

So for  now, I will continue to let my little boy grow up, not that I can do anything about it anyway. I will continue to take him to school, walk him to class, and then leave quietly. After all, he looks like he belongs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment